This nettle porridge is a seasonal recipe that you can make from April through to September when the nettle grows. This recipe is rich in iron and calcium.
- 100 gram Nettle, fresh
- 40 gram Oats
- 15 teaspoon Protein Powder (of your choice)
- 1 gram Ginger (Fresh ginger, grated)
- 10 gram Iron syrup with nettle extract ((7mg Iron), sweetened)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt (iodized)
- 100 gram Soy Milk (Calcium fortified)
- Chop nettles and grate ginger. Then start cooking them in water in on low-medium heat for 5-10minutes.
- Using a hand-held mixer, puree the nettles, add oats, milk, a dash of salt, and stir it together. Cook it for a few more minutes so the tastes combine. If you used too much water, let it simmer until it evaporates to a thicker consistency.
- In the meantime, toast walnuts lightly.
- Slice the apple and arrange it however you like, and top with the walnuts. I used an iron supplement in form of a syrup that is also sweetened and poured it on top.