I want you to have energy to perform on field or in the office without experiencing highs and lows, with health in mind.
Daniel Weiss is a performance coach, certified nutritionist, OCR athlete, specializing in optimizing performance through improvements in nutrition, mindsets and general lifestyle.
My mission is to dispel the confusion about health & nutrition.
My journey started at high school when I wanted to lose the excess weight as a part of my self-development. I got fit pretty fast because I started working out and eating less. However, the quality of my diet did not improve, quite the opposite.
Based on the advice I was following, I started avoiding all carbs. I was afraid of them because I believed that all carbohydrates are poison. My meals consisted mainly of eggs, meat, and dairy, with just a few vegetables, that were low in calories. This approach did not last me long because I hit a plateau after the initial weight loss.
Still, I was encouraged. My focused changed from weight loss to psychology and I learned a lot about how we think and why we do what we do. I also found a more approachable way to eating – following the hunger cues. Most people follow this way of eating and they still overeat and under-nourish themselves. The problem with that approach is, that the quality of food also determines the other processes in your body such as hunger.
As I was trying to figure out more about how to eat properly to get lean and healthy, I got more and more confused by all the contradicting information on the Internet, which led me to skip breakfast, be afraid of certain foods and food groups and I created a negative relationship with food.
Strategic Intervention Coach
Skipping to early 2015, I decided to sign-up for a race I dreamed about for a long time. The Spartan Race. Signing up gave me a reason to train harder than I ever did. I started noticing better how I felt while training and found out that eating more vegetables and fruits served me much better than meat and dairy-heavy foods after which I felt heavy.
- OCRWC 2017 Qualified
- Spartan Race Ultra World Championships 2018 Qualified in the Elite Category
- Spartan Super – 2nd place in the age group
At the same time, I had skin issues, eczema, and rashes that were occurring frequently. Following my intuition at the time by eating more plant-based foods relieved some of my symptoms and enabled me to train better.
I would have never thought that my passion for psychology will turn towards a passion for nutrition and how these two areas will fit together to fill the whole picture and allow me to effectively improve the life of people who want to improve their health and performance!
- Long-term – short term focus will not get you to where you want to get. Most people want instant gratification. Coaching is about the exact opposite – long term commitment and mindset for life-long success.
- Intuitive & Inspiring – During the coaching process I focus on inspiring clients so they can stick to their long-term goals. The process and exercises done are intuitive. Intuitive means that you will be able to commit because it creates trust in the process.
- Simplicity goes hand in hand with intuitiveness. If you are not doing simple tasks, you will not be able to execute more complex tasks. Simple doesn’t equal easy, however. There will be times when a simple, yet hard decision needs to be made to achieve progress.
- From analytical thinking to getting in touch with your intuition. Do you feel like or have you been told that you overthink? Being analytical has it’s purpose but to be balanced brings the best out of the both worlds. Trusting your intuition, trusting yourself, raising your awareness, are all part of the inner work almost everybody needs to do.
- Challenge for your brain and body. To complete the triad of mind, body and spirit, we need to challenge all the three areas to achieve personal excellence.
I’d recommend people following Daniel Weiss he has gained a lot of wisdom. And has great amounts to share.John Cooper
You were one of my most determined students to work with and I like the strides you have made.David Wygant
Awesome job with your consistency. I think you are the most consistent athlete I have and it shows in your workouts and overall fitness.Luke Bosek
I would like to let you know that your lectures worked. I managed to improve at conversation skills and I don’t even feel shy, which used to happen to me before. Anyway, today I simply sat down next to a complete stranger and got her number a moment later. I even told her that I liked her without any problem. Then I told her I’d call her tomorrow to set up a date.Jan
...I was talking about this to Dan Weiss, trying to maybe get this sleep rhythm shit in order finally. Supportive as ever, he gave me some practical advice, but more importantly - he didn't judge...Jay