I made this quick & simple recipe for my mom for breakfast she could take to work and I also made a few for her coworkers. They loved it!
- Category: Recipes
- Courses: breakfast, Dessert
- Cuisines: High Protein, Vegetarian
- Seasons: autumn, spring, summer
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- Ready in: 20 min
- For: 1
- Blanch stinging nettles in boiling water, dice apple, and carrot
- In a high-speed blender blend carrot, apple, and nettles. Add water if needed or if you want a thinner smoothie. Add a sweetener of your choice if the smoothie is not sweet enough for you. You can also use spices such as cinnamon.
- 1/2 oats with chia seeds, cover with water (or milk), skyr, nettle smoothie, 2nd layer of oats, water (or milk), diced strawberries. Cover the jar and put in the fridge overnight.
You can swap nettles for any green leafy vegetable of your choice. Spinach is the most common.
I recommend preparing several jars like this overnight