If you like the zesty lemon flavour or if you favor sour taste, the lemon-ginger polenta is the meal for you!
It is rich in iron, magnesium, potasium, vit B1, and B6, and provides 1.8g leucine (which is hard to get from plants and is essential for muscle growth and recovery).
- Energy: 461 kcal / 1927 kJ
- Fat: 12 g
- Protein: 22 g
- Carbs: 52 g
- Preparation: 5 min
- Cooking: 3 min
- Ready in: 8 min
- For: 1
- 40 gram Cornmeal
- 120 gram Apple
- 100 gram Soy Milk (or any milk of your choice)
- Salt (just a pinch)
- 1/2 Lemon zest
- Ginger (fresh, grated)
- In a saucepan, combine cornmeal, finely grated apple and cauliflower, salt, lemon zest, and ginger.
- Add liquids (water or milk) and bring to cook. Cook for about 3 minutes on low heat. Cornmeal soaks water quickly and it also cooks quickly so keep stirring it constantly and add more liquid as needed.
- Transfer to your serving bowl and top with lightly toasted walnuts, pistachio nuts, and TVP.
If you want TVP to be crunchy, don’t wait too long before eating the polenta. It soaks water quickly.