Juicy and tasty carrot muffins that even a complete beginner can handle.
A tasty companion for everyday snacking, after training, but also for traveling. Dip it into a protein shake, and enjoy it with coffee or on its own.
- 200 gram Flour
- 200 gram Apple
- 120 gram Carrot
- 30 gram Raisins
- 20 gram Coconut (dried, shredded)
- 20 gram Walnuts (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 20 gram Chia Seeds
- 100 milliliter Water
- Combine ground chia seeds (chia meal) and water, stir together well, and let it sit for about 10 minutes before adding to the dough. Cut raisins into smaller pieces and soak them in the rest of the warm water for about 10 minutes. Peel and Grate carrots and apples on a fine grater.
- Mix all the ingredients well until you have a smooth dough.
- Using a tablespoon, fill cupcakes (or a baking tray) with the dough.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes (Baking time greatly depends on your oven). Don't open the oven while baking or the muffins will deflate.
- Using a toothpick, test if any dough sticks to it. If not, then the muffins are ready.
If you prefer a mildly sweet flavor, skip the sugar completely or reduce it.
- Per serving
- Energy: 68 kcal / 284 kJ
- Fat: 1.8 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
- Carbs: 10 g