A delicious and healthy fudgy carrot cake recipe that is perfect for a sweet treat or a hearty breakfast option. The grated apple and carrot add natural sweetness and a moist texture, and dried coconut adds a subtle buttery flavor. This recipe is also a healthy option as it uses very little sugar but tastes sweet.
This carrot cake is versatile and can be made with whatever flour you have at home. You can further customize the toppings but I recommend pairing it with whipped coconut cream, or soy yogurt.
- Start by peeling and grating carrots and apple on a medium grater.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. The batter should be thick. If it seems too moist, it may take longer to bake.
- Grease a baking tray or use an oven-friendly nonstick pan, and pour in the batter. Cover and bake for 15 minutes at 180°C (360F).
- Uncover, flip the batter, and continue baking until done.
- Let it cool on a rack before serving. Enjoy as is for a fudgy texture or top with coconut frosting or soy yogurt for added flavor.
- Per serving
- Energy: 158.8 kcal / 664 kJ
- Fat: 3.9 g
- Protein: 5.3 g
- Carbs: 22.6 g