- 100 gram Carrot (shredded thinly)
- 100 gram Apple (shredded or Apple puree)
- 100 teaspoon Oats
- 45 Protein Powder (unflavored, or vanilla flavor)
- 150 Water
- 1 Baking powder
- 1 Cinnamon
- 1 Lemon zest
- Sweetener (to taste)
- 1/4 Salt
- Shred carrot and apple thinly on a box grater. In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients and mix into a batter. Transfer to a baking sheet or muffin form and bake at 180C / 350F for about 15 minutes. Use the toothpick test inside the oven to see if they are done. Let them cool on a rack, covered.
- Melt chocolate and spread it on top of the muffins. Alternatively, you can just sprinkle chocolate on top and let it melt.
- These brownies are amazing by themselves but toppings can add an additional layer of flavor or nutrition. I suggest adding yogurt, walnuts or cocoa nibs for extra earthy tones and crunch. Pieces of raw apple or pear will also complement it well.
Toothpick test – stick a cake tester, skewer, or toothpick into the middle of the cake and if it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Per recipe
- Energy: 501 kcal / 2094 kJ
- Fat: 8 g
- Protein: 48 g
- Carbs: 83 g