If you struggle with eating enough veggies and getting enough fiber like most people, give this one a try. Not only will it satisfy your taste buds and keep you full for a long time, making you eat less overall, but it will also make your microbiome happy & healthy.
- 50 gram Oats (rolled)
- 50 gram Carrot (shredded)
- 10 gram Ginger (shredded)
- 10 gram Flax Seeds (ground)
- 1 teaspoon Carob
- 30 gram Lettuce (or greens of your choice)
- 100 gram Black Currants (Frozen or Fresh)
- 15 gram Protein Powder (or food equivalent to protein)
- Grate the carrots and ginger finely into a pot and cook with a little water until they release the taste and soften. Beta-carotene in carrots is much better absorbed after cooking.
- Add oatmeal, crushed flax seeds and carob. I added water and stired together. Constant stirring is important when cooking flakesoatmeal to prevent it from burning in the pot and at the same time allow the flakes to soak up the taste of the other ingredients.
- Serve the cooled meal in a bowl lined with salad and sprinkle currants on top. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
During hot days, I recommend preparing oatmeal in larger quantities and storing it in the refrigerator. Then you can just take cool oatmeal from the fridge and eat or take-away with you.
- Per serving
- Energy: 405.2 kcal / 1694 kJ
- Fat: 9.66 g
- Protein: 22.2 g
- Carbs: 44.6 g