The ingredients used in poké are neatly arranged in a bowl, not mixed. The ingredients in poké are very diverse – usually, poké includes pieces of fish, fresh vegetables, avocado, and cucumber. Rice or salad is often a part of poké. In this bowl, I used a vegan version of tuna, rice, tofu, fresh vegetables, avocado, and spicy peanut sauce.
You can assemble it in 5 minutes (preparing the vegan tuna takes an hour).
- 160g Vegan Tuna Fish (https://danweiss.eu/recipe/vegan-tuna-fish/)
- 90g Tofu
- 160g Rice, sticky, cooked
- 30g cucumber
- 30g red pepper
- 50g carrot
- 30g avocado
- soy sauce
- PB Sauce:
- 20g Peanut butter
- hot pepper
- Chop the ginger finely.
- Mix all the ingredients together. Start with a little water. Keep adding water by teaspoons as necessary. Set aside.
- Preheat a pan with a little bit of oil. I use a paper napkin to spread the oil over the pan so it is just lightly coated with oil.
- Cut tofu into stripes, or cubes and bake on the pan. If it sticks to the bottom, lower the heat and continue cooking until it develops a crust. It should be easy to flip it once the crust is made. Then turn it over and continue cooking. It takes less time on the other side.
- Grate carrot on a fine grater.
- Cut vegetables into thin slices or whatever shape you prefer.
- Portion rice on half of a plate, then add vegetables to the other half. Transfer vegan tuna in the center of the plate, then continue. Add tofu and garnish with sesame seeds and sauce from the tuna fish.
- I serve PB sauce aside and dip vegetables and tofu in it.
If you feel fancy, you can also marinate tofu. I don’t do it because I dip it into the PB sauce.
- Per serving
- Energy: 568 kcal / 2374 kJ
- Fat: 22 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Carbs: 77 g