Hey guys, welcome and I hope you will enjoy this episode because Charles and I had an amazing conversation about the food we eat.
The great thing about food is, that we all can understand it differently, use it, abuse it, it can help us bond with friends and socialize. There are many aspects how food affects us indirectly.
In this episode we talked about the longevity perspective and how food influences our life-span. But not only that. We also talked about how food influences the quality of our life.
There are so many things that could have been said and so many more things we could have mentioned but we had only so much time… I hope you will enjoy it, learn something new, and Charles will be back later for another episode.
If you have comments or questions we can focus on in the next episode, let us know!
Connect with Charlie
- Longevity and how protein and certain amino acids influence it (Complete protein spikes MTOR pathway and insulin)
- prioritizing building muscle vs. prioritizing longevity
- when supplementing OMEGA3 from fish oil or fish, avoid big fish as they concentrate more harmful substances, which are stored in fat
- prioritizing performance vs. health
- Charlies and my observations on the benefits of following a whole foods plant-based diet (WFPB)
- What you should eat
- Protein before or after a workout? Both give you the best results, however, protein after the workout gives you marginally better gains than protein before a workout.
- Our workouts and meal plans
- Walter Longo – The Longevity Diet , Walter Longo on Rich Roll’s Podcast
- Joel Fuhrman – Eat to live
- Mark Hyman – The Ultramind Solution
- Stephan J. Guyenet Ph.D. – The Hungry Brain: Outsmarting the Instincts That Make Us Overeat
Get The Edge With Tips on Mindsets, Nutrition, and Productivity