You can also listen to this article below:
- At first, we used food journals and calorie counting to see where she is at and so she can get more insights into the food she eats.
- Then we transitioned from calorie counting to “intuitive eating”. Renata has learnt how to interpret hunger and fulness cues.
- Renata follows has learnt to make good food choices and she eats mostly whole foods but she also likes to eat pancakes🥞, a glass of wine🍷 or whiskey 🥃, which allows her to stick with her diet.
I asked Renáta to share what things stuck with her:
- “Think why I eat sweets in the evening.” In the beginning she saw this as an obstacle and we found out that it was a way for her to relax. Nowadays, she still eats sweets that are low in calories.
- “Skip snacks.”
- “Wait about half an hour when I start feeling hungry to eat.” Postponing meals a bit allowed Renata to distinguish cravings from real hunger.
- “When I am making food for the kids, I don’t need to eat it as well.” Before, she would eat with kids, even when not hungry.
- “I am weighting myself daily.” Weighting herself daily allows Renata to stay in check and not be horrified by weight fluctuations. For example she noticed how her weight fluctuates during the month and it does not bother her anymore.
- “When I want sweets, I choose those that I really enjoy.” Removing and comletely avoiding certain food is not sustainable for majority of people and definitely not necessary. Renata found this as well and as a bonus, she is able to enjoy her favorite sweets while working toward her goals.
Lose weight and improve your performance
If you are an active woman between 25-40 who is looking to lose weight, regain energy and make peace with food by training and eating smarter, sign up for transformation coaching with me for 90 days.