Nathan S. Bryan, PhD.
Nitric Oxide for Health and Athletic Performance with Nathan S. Bryan, PhD.
Dr. Bryan is an international leader in molecular medicine and nitric oxide biochemistry.
Specifically, Dr. Bryan was the first to describe nitrite and nitrate as indispensable nutrients required for optimal cardiovascular health. He was the first to demonstrate and discover an endocrine function of nitric oxide via the formation of S-nitrosoglutathione and inorganic nitrite.
Dr. Bryan has been involved in nitric oxide research for the past 18 years and has made many seminal discoveries in the field. These discoveries and findings have transformed the development of safe and effective functional bioactive natural products in the treatment and prevention of human disease and may provide the basis for new preventive or therapeutic
Dr. Bryan has published a number of highly cited papers and authored or edited 5 books.
“Your body can not or will not get well or perform to its full potential until you restore production of nitric oxide.”
Nitric Oxide is an important molecule that is naturally produced in our body. It has been linked to cardio-vascular health, sexual and mental health as well as popular as a sports supplement (beetroot extract).
However, modern lifestyle and natural factors influence its natural production in our bodies.
Topics Nathan Bryan covered:
- Importance of NO for our health.
- Importance of NO for sexual health (erectile dysfunction and arousal problems in women).
- Importance of NO for performance – Is NO the secret of Ethiopian runners?
- What to do to reduce the natural decline of nitric oxide.
- How to boost the production of NO and possibly supplement it for improved health and sports performance.
- How to understand the research behind sports supplements
You will also learn how to spot a NO supplement that actually works as 99% of supplement don’t work.
Besides all of that, Nathan makes an excellent job in explaining how supplements need to be tested to make sure they work and why most of them don’t work at all.
Top three vegetables with highest NO content:
- Loss of enzymatic production causes loss of NO production.
- Beetroot juice does not equal nitrate! (12:00)
- 300-400mg of NO is standardized dosage
- Why most people cannot utilize NO, which is a major problem.
00:22:30 Technology that overcomes the limitations of nitrate supplements
- General population
- Loss of NO predicts CVD by a decade!
- 99% of the supplements are ineffective – i.e. a waste of your money!
- Look for products that have a patent
- Look for clinical trials on the product, not only on substance used in the product.
- is the company or the scientist behind the product a published author? Have they published any research on the topic?
Get The Edge With Tips on Mindsets, Nutrition, and Productivity