Nutritious, oil free, filling, simple, delicious.
I love lentils! They provide you with a high dose of protein, taste amazing, have a lot of fiber.
I simply love to soak the lentils overnight, put all ingredients into the pot in the morning and come back to lunch after workout to this simple, delicious meal.
TIP: If you don’t have an insta-pot, you are wasting a lot of time in the kitchen. Many of my clients don’t have time for meal prep and insta-pot is a game-changer for people who want to roll with simple recipes and don’t want to spend a day by the stove.
- 250 g Brown lentils dried
- 250 g Black lentils dried
- 1 big Onion
- 2 medium Tomatoes
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 200 g Wild Garlic when in season
- 3 tsp Cocoa powder
- 2 tsp Mexican spices mix The main spices are smoked red pepper, cillantro, sweet pepper, ground bay leaf, chilli flakes
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 300 g Muschrooms baked
- Pre-soak the lentils over-night or for 12 hours if you are using dried beans.Change the water before cooking.
- Put all ingredients into instant pot and pressure cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bake mushrooms until they get dry. I used 190°C for 30 minutes with venting.
- Mix in the mushrooms after cooking
- Best served with a toast (or grains), avocado, sprinkle with lemon juice and cilantro.Grains complement the amino-acid profile of legumes, making them a complete protein.