Autumn is here and with it all the amazing seasonal foods.
What I love about oats is their versatility. In summer I prepare overnight refrigerated oats, but in autumn, there is nothing better than a morning walk or run in a crispy weather and have a warm, delicious oatmeal to warm you up.
Here is a simple recipe of oats with pumpkin. It can be served as a breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Although it might not look like, be warned, this combination is very filling, ideal for weight-loss.
Autumn Hokkaido With Steel-cut Oats
Warm autumn recipe that is simple and filling!
- 80 g Steel-cut oats (I use steel cut oats for their texture and because I can put everything into the pan and cook it all together.)
- 100 g Hokkaido ((best roasted or purreed))
- Cinnamon (To taste)
- Salt ((Optional. It brings out the flavor))
- 100 g Apple
- 10 g Dark chocolate (90% or cocoa beans)
- Chilli flakes ((Optional))
- 20 g Poppy Seeds
- 200 ml Soy Milk (Different brands have different taste. You can find sweeter or more neutral. For this recipe I would recommend to go with sweeter milk. Alternatively, you can use oat milk)
- Walnuts/Chestnuts/Pecan Nuts (To taste)
- Prepare all the ingredients.
Put it all in a pot and simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes.
Serve and Sprinkle the nuts on top.
You can improve this recipe or make it suit your goals by including more nuts, adding protein powder, or sprinkle fruit on top or mix it in chocolate batter.