I hope you enjoyed the interview with George as much as I did talking with him.
George Howard’s website.
Here are notes to recap this episode:
- Movement is an ongoing theme that you can spot among many high-performing individuals, from athletes to CEOs. Not only does it have health and mental benefits, but as George mentioned, movement can teach you to get in touch with your body, which is something we all miss nowadays.
- Taking action regardless of perceived fear is important as it allows you to grow. “Feel the fear and take action anyway.”, go alongside the fear, don’t try to avoid it or resist it.
- There are two kinds of fear. There is the real fear that is instilled deeply in us and it serves us to help us survive. Then there is what we feel most of the time, which is a “safe” fear, such as fear of public speaking, that served us in the past, but we keep feeling it even though it no longer serves us.
- We are constantly trying to avoid the feeling of fear because we have developed a very negative association with it. It is important to note though, that the fear itself is to serve us. By kindling the fear, we can develop a loving, purposeful relationship with it.
Mindsets to replace your old thinking patterns:
- Fear is a tool for growth.
- Fear is here to protect me and I am thankful for it. If there is no real threat I will acknowledge my fear and “jump” anyway.
- When I feel fear, I will go towards it or alongside with it. It shows me the way to greater life.
Questions worth asking yourself:
- What am I afraid of?
- What role does the specific fear play in my life?
- Is the fear I am feeling here to protect me from the real danger or is it just uncomfortable?
Learn how to best fuel your body
If you want to learn how to best fuel your body, stop tracking your food and meet with Daniel who specializes in sports nutrition and can help you create a sustainable diet/food plan that fits your unique needs and lifestyle.
- Click the link below
- Fill-in the intake form
- Wait for my email to schedule a strategy call. I reply within 24 hours.
Looking forward to hear from you,